Register to testify by April 5 (See details below) The DPP has proposed administrative rules to implement ordinances 18-19 of the Honolulu Land Use Ordinances that govern short-term rentals. The rules primarily focus on the process for granting B&B permits and enforcement actions against illegal vacation rentals.
Keep it Kailua proposes:
1. Both the permit granting process and all enforcement actions against illegal vacation rentals should be totally transparent to the public and consumers
.2. We recommend all proposed B&B permit locations be posted on the department’s webpage.
3. Neighbors and the public should be allowed to oppose permits if the properties are in violation of any Land Use Ordinances or there are other good causes for the denial of the permits.
4. All property locations, the owners, and the property management firms who have received a complaint and/or an NOV for operating an illegal short-term rental should be posted on the department’s webpage with the fine issued and what corrective actions were taken.
5. The 1000′ separation between short-term rentals in residential zoning must be strictly adhered to and any new permits that are found to be in violation of the separation requirement must have their permits immediately revoked.
6. As ordinance 18-19 dictates; all initial short-term rental violators should pay a civil fine of $1000 and $5000 per day for each day the violation persists. All recurring violators should pay a fine of $10,000 and $10,000 for each day the violation persists. (NO MORE REDUCTION OF FINES).
Virtual via Webex and in person at Mission Memorial Auditorium | 550 South King Street, Honolulu.
The public may join the public hearing and offer testimony from a computer, smartphone, telephone, or in-person as follows:
1. Join the public hearing from a computer:(Please mute your devices except to testify) https://globalpage-prod.webex.com/join Meeting Number: 187 616 9319Meeting Password: dpp1
2. Join the public hearing from the WebEx smartphone app:(Please mute your devices except to testify)Meeting Number: 187 616 9319Meeting Password: dpp1
3. Join the public hearing from a telephone (audio only):(Please mute your devices except to testify. Press *6 to unmute and re-mute yourselves)408-418-9388 (USA Toll)Access code: 187 616 9319 Numeric meeting password: 37714.
All in-person attendees and testifiers must wear a mask while on the Mission Memorial premises and must maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others or they will not be allowed in the Auditorium.